
The ring around the Moon is caused by the refraction of Moonlight (which of course is reflected sunlight) from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. The shape of the ice crystals results in a focusing of the light into a ring. Since the ice crystals typically have the same shape, namely a hexagonal shape, the Moon ring is almost always the same size.
I think this is the 2nd time I saw this ring, this phenomenon. After hanging as usual at rc, I saw it while walking back home. I took out my handphone and tried taking a picture. BUT the resolution sucks, oh well.
I wanted to stay in the middle of the road and lie down. And stare at the moon and the ring. Its even nicer than rainbow. Then I'll just stare and dream. Forget about my problems and just chill. Escape from reality for awhile. Hahahaha macam paham.
OK GDNITE
if you wanna do that, ask me along cus I'd love to do that too. it'll be romantic, just the 2 of us. HAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDelete